2.14.2008

Kind of Sort of 'Speak Easy': (DIN)NER-CALL

So, yes, a speak-easy'ish restaurant is still in my cards. We were thinking that it would be more efficient to have people call us to set up a 'dinner party'. Rather than having us plan a night to support a restaurant atmosphere at home, people can call me to plan that night for them. "Call A Dinner Party." I'll still use the downtown apartment but this plan will not require that I buy food hoping that people will show up. People will call, pay me for groceries, and I will make the food and leave them the change before the meal starts. I really won't make any money but it should be a lot of fun... and maybe legal? Most likely not.
Additionally, please say something about alleys. Anything. Write a poem or something. Becka, I like plants and painted walls too. I was thinking, the Labyrinth is the never-ending-story of an alley. It's a city of alleys.

2 comments:

Jovi said...

can you post pics of your particular alley? robert and i were discussing it last night, and we'd like to see the space under discussion!

BirdEtt said...

yes definitely. unfortunately, i do not have a digital camera anymore. i will find aaron's and post some pictures very soon. you're right, that will help. thanks for thinking about it, though!