1.28.2009

I'm a Coffee Girl in a Coffee World

So, as some of you may know, I am a coffee fiend / fanatic / lover... addict. 
Seriously.
I'll drink a whole pot of richly colored coffee or several macchienettas (stove-top espresso maker) full of espresso if it's there (i.e. if I make it). I've been drinking it since second grade, and watched Mom through the years scavenge several pots relentlessly while studying or working at home. It's in my blood - likely!
Well Friends, the time has come for me to face my demons, and I'm on a path to a caffeine-free life. Or, at least a less caffeine rich diet. This week I've been drinking 1 macchienetta of coffee a day. :) That's rough for me, I must say. I think I'm also going to try a brand of natural coffee alternative called Teecino. Have you heard of it? I picked up a brochure by the company at Whole Foods yesterday. It's designed for coffee lovers who can not have or are trying to reduce or eliminate their caffeine intake. I'm super excited about it - because I'm a dork who gets excited about things like this. 
Here are the ingredients:
(all organic) carob; barley; chicory; ramon nuts or dates and almonds; and other spices and fruit, nut, or bean derived flavors. 

I'll let you know if it's any good! www.teecino.com.

3 comments:

the main stitch upholstery said...

i think you're crazy because i didn't think coffee was bad for you, but i am very excited to hear about the outcome.

Unknown said...

ROBIN!!!! STOP!!
Teechino is D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G! Go decaf coffee instead. Really. Some of it is too bitter. Some is way too dried fruit sweet. i have yet to find a single Teechino blend that doesn't taste good without lots of cow cream. I was reading this post in hopes that you found another alternative. Try it for yourself if you like, but I've just got to burst your bubble so that the nasty alt-coffee brew doesn't do it in person:
Back away from the snazzy marketing; the only reason why Teechino has to make that cool brochure is because the brew stinks.

BirdEtt said...

damnit... aaron was skeptical when he saw the brochure. i had starry eyes but he saw right through it. okay, i trust you. i won't waste my money. i'll just drink a cup of coffee a day instead of four.