9.29.2008

Stuff of Life

Well, the news has kept me tuned in today. This week should be very interesting...

Dad and Patti came to the city this weekend and saw Cosanti at night. It turns out we get to use the entire complex and not just the courtyard, so that is exciting. I think people are going to love exploring a little, though, it's not a huge space... just a lot to ponder and appreciate. Aaron, his mom, sister, and I made 15 dozen tamales on Saturday and froze them for the party. We'll make another 15 dozen soon. We purchased almost all of the decorations on Sunday. So, looks like we're on a roll and things should run smoothly in that arena.

I have a meeting with my friend Laurene today to discuss the logistics of our move to Chicago and to go over a list of neighborhoods to start diving into in search of apartments. Aaron, Laurene, and I will share a 2 bedroom 2 bath place for 6 months so that we can afford a place close to downtown. We'll then have the opportunity to search for other neighborhoods we like and may want to move into once our 6 months together as roomies is up. I'm glad we aren't tying down to a place with a mortgage right now... too if'fy. But I'm no economist.

Best. -Bird

2 comments:

the main stitch upholstery said...

i still can't beleive that you are moving to chicago.

Unknown said...

me neither, but it is sinking in slowly.
15 dozen tamales, good job Robin and Aaron. Can't wait to eat the food. What am I making again (if anything)?

When do I need to be there? Are we gonna go out for a bachelorette party - which would end up in some swanky place or cute hole-in-the wall drinking lots of red wine or gin and stuff...or sleeping in at someone's hotel room...

Anyhoo, would love to hear the plans. And is anyone in your wedding party? Are you having a shower?