7.24.2008

Good News for Funky People

Well, gals and pals, it looks like Cosanti is going to work out! Sorry, Jov, it's not Arcosanti but it's still cool - I promise! It's just less driving for everyone if we have it at Cosanti rather than Arcosanti. And, we aren't restricted in food and drink service like we would be at the garden or buildings at ASU. So, all around that will save us money. Plus, they have a supply of tables, chairs, patio heaters and tree lights. Aaron and I were talking last night about making tamales and pozole, and Rachel mentioned chilaquiles (corn chips mixed with chile salsa and lots of oil, sprinkled with queso fresco and cilantro) which sounds divinely delicious. Aaron's mom's side of the family makes the best tamales... really, their masa is key. They make green chile chicken and jalapeno pork among the other traditional recipes (carnitas with red chile sauce). Rachel has a good vegetarian tamale recipe that we can also make. Any thoughts on what other foods you would like to see there? We'll need a salad or vegetable dish of some sort. I make a nice bean salad. Simple: black beans, pinto beans, lemon, red wine vinegar, olive oil, parsley, red onion, spices - yum. I know of a place that makes the best red velvet cake too! So moist and they use cream cheese icing with just a little sugar.

I like my Volvo. It makes a grinding noise when I turn on my AC though. I need to take it to a mechanic but it's really a great car and I'm happy I sold the other.

What else?

I'm excited for the trip to Becka's wedding in Pismo in two weeks. Love the beach.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What about adding some bell peppers, celery, and chopped carrots to your bean salad?

How 'bout a chopped cabbage, radish, red onion & cucumber salad with lemon juice and olive oil?

Jovi said...

i love bean salad. and your menu sounds FABULOUS. cabbage salad like rach suggested would also be tasty- and add a nice crunch to things! mmm, cabbage. if you want more ideas than you can possibly absorb check out diana kennedy's books- "my mexico" is part memoir part cookbook and has many really unusual and cool recipes! there's even one for a masa that's essentially a gel (made from corn).

BirdEtt said...

cool! thanks. i'll check out the diana kennedy book and Rachel, your bean salad enhancement sounds nice. i love cabbage too.

what do you think about drinks? beer and wine of course. i'll have liqueur next to the coffee with raw milk and soy creamer. should we get some patron, gin, vodka, or anything else? what's a good winter drink? something that most people will appreciate. i don't like drinks that are really sweet though. is campari okay for winter? i love campari.

the main stitch upholstery said...

wedding plans sound great! let me know what my contribution is. i will make anything you want or help with anything you need.