7.14.2008

Extra Extra...

READ ALL ABOUT
it... the weekend. a lot happened.
Actually, the entire week was hectic.
Monday: check out condo in mid-town... it's cool
Tuesday: make empanadas and cookies with Aaron's sister and think about wedding stuff
Wednesday: get blind sighted by stupid frickin' Urban Outfitters with a $650 charge for a couch we ordered three months ago and no confirmation e-mail!!! yeah, and I called the week before to ask when it would be charged and the lady said after July 20
Wednesday night: WTF... Billz billz billz
Thursday: lets sell all of our cars (3 to be exact), buy two 'beaters', pay off Aaron's loan, pay off most of my loan, and there you go = better = something we can afford = we can focus on the wedding
Friday: sell my car
Saturday: buy the Volvo and the VW
Sunday: take it kind of easy and go to Cosanti
Monday: work. fix the mercedes to sell. write on my blog upon requests:)

AUTO UPDATE
Well, it's Monday and we're selling two more vehicles. The goal is the end of the week.


This is Aaron handling a car deal via cell


This is my new, old 1984 Volvo. It's quite cute inside too.


This is obviously the back side


This is Aaron's adorable powder blue 1981 Volkswagon Rabbit



RAINY SUNDAY UPDATE
It was pouring on Sunday and quite lovely, I must say. We went to Cosanti which was a nice retreat after rummaging for cars. It's cool. You should visit. Unfortunately, the suggested donation for renting the space is $2,000. Hmph. Their bells and pots are cool, though, and I recommend them as gifts.


The bells


More bells and pots


Vault with Soleri's work, and Aaron




This is the apse where you can have events


This is the courtyard adjacent to the apse... rentable space


Swimming pool

PUPPY UPDATE
Here's Monster Puppy Wag. Our dear Ilo. He looks nice against standard street signage, doesn't he?


Ilo in the handicapped parking


My photo experiment with Ilo in the mirror


Ilo sleeping with his eyes open and tongue out

5 comments:

the main stitch upholstery said...

love the pics ette! thank you for posting something new. your new cars look really cute, i hope they run well and don't cost more than the others did. so what are you thinking on the condo? are you still gunning for a house? what are empanadas? i think they are bread pastry, but i am not sure.

Jovi said...

1. i love empanadas. do you make them with raisins and olives and all that goodness?

2. but's its a SUGGESTED donation, right? i still like arco santi :P

3. excellent on the cars. my g-gparents had a volvo that, well, it's in a private collection in sweden now. they run a long time!

Unknown said...

Bird,
Like the cars - love that they are not new...you know I hate buying new things.

I second Jovi's question: that is a suggested donation. did you tell them what you could afford to donate? if not, would you be willing to do that, save the date, and get something in writing so they don't keep that spot open? I think it looks cool and it is closer to home, right?

BirdEtt said...

Yeah, I'll call the event coordinator and see if they provide a bathroom and tables and chairs. If so, it might just be worth around $1,000 donation. I really love the space and I know all of you would too. I'll keep you posted.

Rachel Elizabeth said...

my dog sleeps with his eyes open sometimes too.