5.18.2008

Rachel's Dinner Party

Was so much fun! It was great seeing Dora again and having Aaron meet everyone. We really enjoyed our time with Mom, Kris, Jo, Nancy, Denise, Rachel, Laine and their friends. Rachel's dinner was amazing. The atmosphere was everything it needed to be... classy, simple, exotic, inviting, collaborative. It was truly special seeing it all come together and observing Rachel's process. Kris and Jo have some admirable projects of their own, including a community focussed initiative to eat locally (documented) for a year. Which reminds me, I need to send my friend Jeff their info since they are using GIS to map local growers.
Here are some photos. We had problems with the camera after I pressed a few buttons, disturbing the settings.


Mom and I near Ventura Pier before the dinner.


Doors and Bird at the beach.


Rachel and Aaron fixing the lamb.


Serious biznass.


The Table.


Doors and Robin sippin' Beonce's. Champagne with strawberries. Aaron jovially named them Beonce's.


As I was packing, Aaron put various clothes around my face and neck at Denise and Dora's house to turn me into a gypsy.

No comments: