9.16.2009

Body Business

Aaron's mom has been reading a few books about juicing, how our body processes foods, and the food industry. I know you all are very familiar with all of this stuff, so I'll just jot a few notes that were new to me.
  • If your body is in an alkaline state, rather than acidic, diseases can not survive. So, stay away from vinegar and processed foods. Apple cider vinegar is good though. So I've been drinking 2 tsp of ac vinegar a day. This is especially beneficial if you eat meat because it helps you process the protein. I don't eat meat anymore but I take it anyway.
  • It's extremely beneficial to supplement the amount of raw vegetables and fruits you normally eat with juiced raw veggies and fruits - make sure it is a juicer and not an emulsifier because it's hard for your body to process the fiber found in the skins and pulp. You just need the fiber from the 5 un-juiced servings you should be eating. I'm going to buy a juicer one of these days... or those days.
  • Carrots and spinach are life savers!
  • Processed foods suck - we all know this. But they layer the foods so that your mind gets complete satisfaction and you become addicted. Gross... it's like brainwashing.
Okay, peace out.

2 comments:

the main stitch upholstery said...

love you ette. we are eating better. i am not juicing though.

Chef Rachel Main said...

whoa. brainwashing. far out (but true!). i wonder if that is just an accidental side effect, or if some businesses mean to do it....
anyhoo, yeah, most people do well with alkaline bodies. Type O blood bodies do a lot better with more acidity.
Uh, we're all type o i think...I am. And you're my sisters, so you are too, right? I'm not really sure....anyhoo, yeah, juicing is great - any veggies are great!